The Humane Society was first incorporated on March 26th, 1957 as the Playground Humane
Society PAWS. We have played a key role in the field of animal care and control in Northwest Florida for over forty-five years. Our first facility was a small building in Valparaiso, Florida. In 1986, the shelter was renamed the Panhandle Animal Welfare Society, affectionately known as
PAWS Today, we serve over 160,000 residents in Okaloosa County and surrounding communities.
PAWS is a private, non-profit organization that presently handles more than 7,000 animals annually.
The vet clinic is now in its 17th year and has been an
enormous success. Since the opening in January 1995, the
clinic has sterilized over 48,000 animals. The Panhandle Animal Welfare Society is a private, nonprofit organization
dedicated to the welfare of animals.
To offer refuge and medical care to injured animals.
To provide an opportunity for life to homeless animals.
To protect animals from cruelty, neglect, carelessness and ignorance.
To foster a public sentiment of humanity and gentleness toward animals.
To encourage and promote responsible pet ownership.
To reduce companion animal overpopulation through humane education and spay and neuter advocacy.
Society and Adoption Center at PAWS offers the services
Panhandle Animal Welfare
752 Lovejoy Road | Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32548
(850) 664-0445 |
(Do not use this email addresses for animal services question, complaints, animal neglect, or cruelty calls)